Welcome! We appreciate your interest in our professional organization. We are a therapist-centered membership association committed to organizing, representing, and shaping the future of psychotherapy. Supported by a rich history in somatic psychology and the healing potential of body/mind integration, body psychotherapists help people to deal with their concerns not only through talking but also by helping them to become deeply aware of their bodily sensations, emotions, images, movements, and behaviours. Clients become more conscious of how they breathe, move, and speak, and where they experience feelings in their bodies. Through this awareness they create the change they seek in their lives.
- Jack Lee Rosenberg DDS, PhD passed away profoundly present, peacefully and surrounded with love, after having a heart attack in November 1, 2015. Read Obituary more
- One of my favorite lectures in the curriculum during the first week of class at Seattle School of Body-Psychotherapy is the one that combines information from the Heart Math institute, practices from Plant Medicine Healers in the Amazon, and Core Energetics. more
- Here it is! The eye-opening framework that is giving professionals around the world a brand new education for understanding and working with resolving shame.
Professional tools and education to facilitate shame resolution through the cutting edge, neurobiological-principled AST Model of Holistic Shame Resolution®. more
The United States Association for Body Psychotherapy presents a conference on somatic psychology—a discipline that combines somatic, psychic, and interpersonal dimensions. Treating the body as a source of wisdom, this symposium presents four distinct body-mind therapies within the field of somatic psychology: Hakomi, Focusing, Embodied Couples Therapy, and Rubenfeld Synergy.
November 1 - 6, 2015 (Sunday through Friday)
Conference topics include
• Ways to become conscious of what’s ...more
- Come experience and learn a framework that will help you and others heal physical, emotional, relational and spiritual difficulties more