Join us February 16, 2023 for Intersections of SE: Cultivating Coherence -Tracking The Breath Towards Wholeness with Dan Rindler, SEP™, GCFP
In SE™, “coherence” is a measure of the degree to which our system is working together in a well-organized whole. When we have a higher level of coherence, we know whether “we are coming or going.” Coherence means we are self-regulating in an optimal way, it is an experience, as Daniel Siegel writes, of “a flexible state of harmony.” And being that coherence is an ideal, there is always a next approximation that can be discovered.
In this Feldenkrais and SE-based workshop, Dan Rindler will lead an exploration of movements of respiration to:
1) Learn an approach to settling towards more coherence
2) Refine one's understanding of tracking the breath in ourselves
3) For SEPs and SEP students, refine our ability to track the breath and correlating muscle tension as a measure of coherence in our clients.
Objectives for the workshop:
1. To clarify one’s understanding of coherence as used in SE.
2. Participate in a feldenkrais awareness through movement lesson leading to have a possible experience of a shift towards coherence — with guided awareness to noticing changes in breathing, capacity, ease, or changes in muscle tone.
3. To clarify that learning, I will share and analyze before and after videos of similar changes in people who I would video in advance of the webinar. These changes can be subtle or fleeting - they can be hard to catch in a live-training setting. But by sharing video, participants have a chance to notice more, to watch the same video clip a few times and notice more each time
4. For participants who are SEPs the feldenkrais lesson and the videos combined will aid them to refine their skills of discerning changes in their clients’ breathing, as it relates to tracking coherence.
Details & Registration
Register here: https://traumahealing.org/CultivatingCoherence