Healing Shame Core Workshop: Understanding, Reducing and Transforming Shame
2 Saturdays: September 17th and 24th, 2022 10am–6pm Pacific Time
Online using Zoom – Live and Recorded
Taught by Sheila Rubin, LMFT, RDT/BCT, and Bret Lyon PhD, SEP.
$395 / 375 with full payment by August 20, 2022. (Use coupon code EARLYBIRD)
13 CE credits available for California therapists (See website for details.)
CAMFT CE provider #134393
Shame is perhaps the most painful of all emotions. It is at the root of both the inner critic and perfectionism. It binds with other emotions, such as anger and fear, so that is often hard to detect. Also, revealing shame can be in itself shameful. For many clients who don’t get better in therapy, shame — unacknowledged and not worked through — is the primary factor.
In this workshop, you will learn how to help your clients recognize shame, work through it and move on.
You will learn:
- To become more sensitive to the shaming often implicit in the therapy situation and how to counter shame in therapy.
- How to help clients separate feelings of shame from other emotions.
- Strategies to get through shame defenses of over-verbalization, dissociation and freezing.
- The differences between healthy shame and toxic shame.
- How to help clients out of the shame morass so they can move their energy powerfully outward rather than turn it against themselves.
There is no prerequisite for this course. It can be taken by itself or as part of a sequence.
Taught by Sheila Rubin and Bret Lyon
ONLINE via Zoom
Information & Registration here: https://lnkd.in/gdTn-z-z
Please visit our website for free articles and webinars, our Sounds True podcast, details about our Sounds True audio learning series, and information about our complete training program in Healing Shame. www.HealingShame.com
The Center for Healing Shame is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs in California – CAMFT-approved CE provider #134393. Courses meet the qualifications for hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The Center for Healing Shame maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.