This Spotlight Series Event is brought to you in partnership with Phoenix Rising - A USABP Independent Body-Centered Training Institute - Level 1.
Presented by Michael Lee, MA, Dip. Soc. Sci., C-IAYT
Clinical Psychologist, Trainer & Contemplative
Founder of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy
This event will be recorded and available for members and non-members who register for this event. This course will not include CEs.
Clients love to talk. Therapists love to talk. It’s what we are good at. And we know that when bringing the body to therapy, there is much to be gained. Our bodies are a wonderland of information that often eludes our minds. Still, even more importantly, the body is an excellent tool for focusing present-centered awareness in a pure form - free of the vagaries of the mind. As Patanjali said many centuries ago, “yoga is the cessation of the fluctuations of the mind”. It is no surprise that the yoga practice of engaging the body to do this can be of great benefit therapeutically.
The Main Points of This Workshop:
- Understand the “edge” in yoga therapy and why it’s important
- How to create a safe physical edge with any client
- How to use the edge to learn about the client
- How the client can use the edge to learn about themselves
- How to not get lost in talk when engaging the edge
- How to progress from the “edge” to a “dropped in” state
- The therapeutic value for “dropping in” through the body brings awareness to a mismatch between previously held beliefs and a new embodied reality.
Participants will be able to:
- How to guide clients in safely engaging their body with focused awareness
- How to use the four E’s of the “edge - Explore, Establish, Engage and Embrace
- How to explore using dialog without getting lost in it
- How to progress to a deeper embodied state from the edge if appropriate
About the Spotlight Organization
Providing training in yoga therapy for since 1986, PRYT Yoga Therapy Training is WORLD CLASS. We offer online yoga therapy training combined with in-person intensive retreats to deepen learning at three certificate levels, including an IAYT accredited program (International Association of Yoga Therapists).
Start with our introductory Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Essentials Workshop. From there, you will gain clarity on which next step is best for you. READ MORE
Get invited to events like these, updates on free resource materials and more. Subscribe to the USABP Highlights Newsletter.
Check back as new information on our events happen regularly and updates are ongoing.
These exclusive webinars are brought to you by the USABP and its proud educational and training institute member organizations.
These live webinars are for Psychologists, Social Workers, MFTs. Counselors, Somatic Practitioners, Body Worker and other Health Professionals.
Registration is in three steps. Get the details below.
Non-members see special message* to you below.
Members you must be logged in to be able to access free registration.
*NON-MEMBERS SAVE NOW:
Non-members are better off to join the USABP. For a little more money paid as a member - instead of an event registrant - you can participate in 12 plus upcoming webinars FREE and get access to our library of training - lectures. Plus get our International digital and/or printed version of our International Peer Reviewed Journal and much more.
ABOUT OUR EVENTS
Our events often include demonstrations, video and slide presentations, experiential exercises, Q & A discussions, insights from attendees, presenter shares about their personal journey and inspirations, and much more.
These courses content levels serve introductory or beginning level; intermediate level; or advanced level.
Please cancel prior to 24 hours before the course starts. For questions or concerns, phone 202-466-1619.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
When CE credits apply to a course they are made available upon course completion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
Participants must have paid tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate. Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates will be available following course completion.
Download to see specific list of who can get CE credits when they are offered.
Disability Access - If you require ADA accommodations please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
REGISTRATION is in three steps:
1) Register first on the USABP website (click the register button on this page), and then
2) Register at Zoom too. Use the Zoom link that we will email to you after you register with USABP (click the register button on this page to begin registration).
3) Once you register with Zoom. Zoom will send you your login link.
We look forward to seeing you at this premiere event.