This Spotlight Series Event is brought to you in partnership with NeuroSystemics - A USABP Independent Body-Centered Training Institute - Level 2.
Presented by Boaz B. Feldman, MSc, SEP
Clinical Psychologist, Trainer & Contemplative
Founder of NeuroSystemics
This event will be recorded and available for members and non-members who register for this event. This course will not include CEs.
Modern neuroscience offers evidence to show correlates between brain regions stimulated during deep spiritual insight and trauma. A close study of these similarities can help both somatic therapists and meditation practitioners explore more skillfully states of immobility, overwhelm and fragmentation to help nervous system regulation, integration, insight and transcendence. The three skills of (i) therapeutic presence, (ii) state transitioning and (iii) compassion are essential here.
This workshop will present NeuroSystemics' conceptual framework integrating the latest neuroscientific data along with the stages of meditative development in the Buddhist tradition. We will also get to experience some expansive non-dual meditation practices and learn techniques to integrate these in therapeutic sessions with clients.
The Main Points of This Workshop:
▪ Deep spiritual insight and trauma shares neural correlates
▪ Working with somatic trauma healing offers potential for transformative psycho-spiritual insight, rather than to re-traumatize
▪ Three skills of (i) therapeutic presence, (ii) state transitioning and (iii) compassion will be described and practiced
▪ The NeuroSystemics Dharma Program integrates both the latest neuroscientific data with Buddhist models of the mind
Participants will be able to:
- describe relationships between trauma states and psycho-spiritual insight
- work with their clients using therapeutic tools of (i) presence, (ii) state transitioning and (iii) compassion
- practice moments of meditation and non-verbal processing in session with their clients
- explain what makes a somatic approach safe to work with trauma
- practice 3 ways to support clients resilience before they enter into traumatic states
- Welcome and Announcements
- Introduce Topic and Speaker
- Demo: Explanation, Live demo, Questions
- Meditation practice: space
- Small group sharing - breakout session
- Wrap up (promote your upcoming events, resources etc.)
- USABP Closing (2 min)
- Gratitude meditation closing
- Overtime (Time after event to connect with members and facilitator to engage in this topic and more).
- Feldman, B. (2022). Neurosystemics Dharma blog posts: https://neurosystemics.org/news/
- Bentzen, M (2022). Neuroaffective Meditation: A Practical Guide to Lifelong Brain Development, Emotional Growth, and Healing Trauma. Healing Arts Press.
- Newberg, A. (2018). Neurotheology: How science can enlighten us about spirituality. Columbia University Press.
- Levine, P. (2008). Trauma and spirituality. Measuring the immeasurable. The scientific case for spirituality. Boulder: Sounds True, Inc, 85-100.
- Fortin, S., Gomez, N., Joly, Y., & Rabin, L. (2015). Conversations about the somatic basis of spiritual experiences. Dance, Somatics and Spiritualities: Contemporary Sacred Narratives, Intellect Books, 261-282.
About the Spotlight Organization
The Swiss Institute of Mindfulness delivers high quality Mindfulness trainings to empower groups and individuals towards positive personal and socio-ecological change.
NeuroSystemics TM is a Mindfulness-based methodology bridging ancient wisdom traditions, evolutionary neurosciences and systemic understanding to offer integrative path to resilient healing, passionate living and awakening. The CARE training (Compassionate Complexity, Awakening, Resiliency & Empowerment) is a transformative 3-year journey to learn and practice essential life and therapeutic skills in the midst of a nourishing community. CARE graduates (NeuroSystemic practionners, NSP’s) can facilitate contemplative training and development, 1:1 therapy and group therapy with a focus on embodiment, somatic healing and transdiagnostic treatment. READ MORE
Get invited to events like these, updates on free resource materials and more. Subscribe to the USABP Highlights Newsletter.
Check back as new information on our events happen regularly and updates are ongoing.
These exclusive webinars are brought to you by the USABP and its proud educational and training institute member organizations.
These live webinars are for Psychologists, Social Workers, MFTs. Counselors, Somatic Practitioners, Body Worker and other Health Professionals.
Registration is in three steps. Get the details below.
Non-members see special message* to you below.
Members you must be logged in to be able to access free registration.
*NON-MEMBERS SAVE NOW:
Non-members are better off to join the USABP. For a little more money paid as a member - instead of an event registrant - you can participate in 12 plus upcoming webinars FREE and get access to our library of training - lectures. Plus get our International digital and/or printed version of our International Peer Reviewed Journal and much more.
ABOUT OUR EVENTS
Our events often include demonstrations, video and slide presentations, experiential exercises, Q & A discussions, insights from attendees, presenter shares about their personal journey and inspirations, and much more.
These courses content levels serve introductory or beginning level; intermediate level; or advanced level.
Please cancel prior to 24 hours before the course starts. For questions or concerns, phone 202-466-1619.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.
When CE credits apply to a course they are made available upon course completion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
Participants must have paid tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate. Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates will be available following course completion.
Download to see specific list of who can get CE credits when they are offered.
Disability Access - If you require ADA accommodations please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
REGISTRATION is in three steps:
1) Register first on the USABP website (click the register button on this page), and then
2) Register at Zoom too. Use the Zoom link that we will email to you after you register with USABP (click the register button on this page to begin registration).
3) Once you register with Zoom. Zoom will send you your login link.
We look forward to seeing you at this premiere event.