Integral Somatic Psychology Demo - Chicago, IL
Presented by: Dr. Raja Selvam
This is demo is followed by a weekend workshop.
How to work with the effect of trauma on development and attachment with greater efficiency through emotional embodiment and inter-personal resonance
The workshop will demonstrate how to improve outcomes and shorten treatment times in working with attachment issues through: 1) a differentiated understanding of how developmental and shock trauma can affect developmental tasks in stages of early childhood development (existence, need, autonomy) and cause variations in a person’s attachment style (avoidant, ambivalent, disorganized); and 2) the tools of emotional embodiment and inter-personal resonance from Integral Somatic Psychology™ (ISP™).
EVENT DESCRIPTION: The workshop is offered in one 3-day workshop. Optional demonstration day offered ahead of workshop (October 16).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
How an insecure attachment style (avoidant, ambivalent, or disorganized) shows up as specific adulthood difficulties depends on the stage of childhood in which the developmental or shock traumas affected our relational capacities and the specific developmental tasks affected in that stage of development.
This three-day workshop will describe and demonstrate how to work with adult relationship difficulties differentiated in terms of attachment styles and various developmental tasks in at least three early stages of development using clinical strategies of inter-personal resonance and emotional embodiment from Integral Somatic Psychology™ (ISP™), a modality based partly on emerging paradigms of embodied cognition and emotion in cognitive neuroscience and psychology.
• Learn to work with avoidant, ambivalent, and disorganized styles of insecure attachment and their variations that are often in the form implicit sensorimotor emotional memories through emotional embodiment and inter-personal resonance.
• Learn to identify and work with the different developmental tasks or functions in at least three early stages of childhood development (existence, need, and autonomy) the wounding of which by developmental and shock traumas determine specific vulnerabilities driving the insecure attachment styles.
• Learn how to access and work with a wider range of emotions especially sensorimotor emotions in relation to attachment and relationship from the very first session with a client.
• Learn how to help clients work through and develop a greater capacity for extremely difficult emotional experiences having to do with attachment and relationship faster by using the body as container and regulator.
• Learn how to improve your ability to regulate your client emotionally through embodied attunement, a very important component of effective attachment work, through specific skills of inter-personal resonance.
• Learn about how the emerging paradigms of embodied cognition and emotion in cognitive neuroscience and psychology can help improve outcomes and shorten treatment times in all therapies including body-oriented modalities such as Somatic Experiencing® (SE™) and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy®, through embodiment of a greater range of emotions from the very first session with clients.
In the three-day workshop, Dr. Raja Selvam will cover all of the above topics. The format of the workshop will be lectures, live demonstrations with workshop participants (at least two per day), questions and answers, and short, guided dyadic and group exercises to make the workshop experiential for the participants as well as to manage activation among them. To impart as much knowledge as possible during the short three-day workshop and to accommodate participants with varying levels of expertise, there will be no lengthy practice sessions among participants.
FOR THE FULL CURRICULUM - https://integralsomaticpsychology.com/trauma-development-attachment/
CHICAGO (OAKBROOK, IL) Information - https://integralsomaticpsychology.com/chicago-attachment-2020/
Presenter Bio: Dr. Raja Selvam, PhD, a licensed clinical psychologist (California license number PSY30233), is the developer of Integral Somatic Psychology™ (ISP™) taught in nearly twenty countries in North and South Americas, Asia, Europe, and Australia. He is also a senior trainer in Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing (SE) professional trauma trainings. Dr. Selvam’s eclectic approach draws from bodywork systems of Postural Integration, Biodynamic Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Polarity Therapy, body psychotherapy systems of Reichian Therapy, Bioenergetics, Bodynamic Analysis, Jungian and Archetypal psychologies, psychoanalytic schools of Object Relations and Inter-Subjectivity, Somatic Experiencing® (SE™), Affective Neuroscience, Quantum Physics, Yoga, and Advaita Vedanta.
EVENT LOCATION: Chicago (Oakbrook, IL) - The Hyatt Lodge
COST: Early registration $595. Full workshop tuition $645. Optional Demo Day $195 (October 16).
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS: Early registration ends September 16, 2020. Chicago Coordinator: Donna Amstutz - firstname.lastname@example.org, (630) 750-3907
REGISTER HERE: https://integralsomaticpsychology.com/training-schedule/#trauma
CEU INFORMATION: 18 CE credits are available for each 3-day workshop. Cost is $45 per module (18 CE credits). For more details please go to: https://integralsomaticpsychology.com/ce-credits/