Touching Developmental Trauma™ NeuroAffective Touch® Foundation Training
Presented By: Dr. Aline LaPierre
The NeuroAffective Touch Foundation Training integrates the use of touch with psychodynamic psychotherapy to work with developmental, emotional, and relational trauma. We address the key somatic and touch skills necessary to work with attachment deficits and emotional traumas that cannot be reached by verbal means alone. The training is useful to mental health, somatic, and touch therapists who want to integrate the body-mind connection in the resolution of developmental distress and trauma.
Event Description: TOUCHING DEVELOPMENTAL TRAUMA™ Healing the Relational Matrix
Dr. Aline LaPierre, PsyD, MFT, SEP, is the developer of NeuroAffective Touch® and Director of The NeuroAffective Touch Institute. She is the co-author of Healing Developmental Trauma, now published in 10 languages. Past faculty in the Somatic Doctoral Program at Santa Barbara Graduate Institute (2000-2010) Dr. LaPierre is Vice-President of the United States Association for Body Psychotherapy (USABP) and Deputy Editor of the International Body Psychotherapy Journal (IBPJ). She maintains a private practice in West Los Angeles.
The training is offered in three 4-day modules.
WEST LOS ANGELES 2020
Module 1 • January 10-13
Module 2 • May 1-4
Module 3 • July 17-20
Alternative location: BERKELEY 2020
Module 1 • February 14-17
Module 2 • June 12-15
Module 3 • August 21-24
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Touch is at the foundation of relational experience, a vital bridge to body-mind integration. Scientific evidence shows that attuned touch is critically important for normal brain development and healthy emotional/cognitive maturation. Learn the language of the body at the nonverbal level, where we have all received our first imprints.
MODULE 1 • Healing Our Deepest Core ― Nurturing Infant States
- Learn to read and decode the body’s nonverbal language
- Meet a client’s tender attachment needs without creating dependency
- Develop and refine your palpation skills and touch intentions
- Support coherence between mind and body
- Connect with the implicit self and develop your body awareness
- Legal & scope of practice issues
MODULE 2 • Touching the Emotional Body
- Apply interpersonal and affective neuroscience to address emotional shocks to the heart and viscera
- Learn languaging to bring unconscious somatic patterns of protection, fear, and shame into conscious awareness
- Learn to touch into the polyvagal and enteric nervous systems
- Recognize and support the life force pulse and rhythms
- Release the diaphragms that hold in emotion
MODULE 3 • Renegotiating Hypervigilance and the Capacity for Social Engagement
- Work with the face, eyes, and ears to help the ears stop listening for danger, and the eyes stop looking for threats
- Open the throat for self-expression
- Deconstruct somatic survival patterns of numbing, bracing, and collapse
- Develop a relational treatment plan
FOR THE FULL CURRICULUM
Cost: Early registration $870. Full tuition $945 per module
Event Location:CLICK AND REGISTER FOR THIS TRAINING
West Los Angeles NATouch Institute / Berkeley-Rudramandir
24 CE credits are available for each 4-day module for a total of 72 CE credits for the complete Foundation Training. Your purchase of CE credits can be made directly from R. Cassidy Seminars after the completion of each module (you will receive an email with links to Cassidy).
Cost is $30 per module (24 CE credits).
For more details please go to: https://neuroaffectivetouch.com/trainings/ce-credits/