TAMALPA INSTUTUTE TRAINING PROGRAM
Level 1 Training: Personal Embodiment of the Life/Art Process
Starting this Fall 2019
Currently accepting applications.
Tamalpa’s Level 1 Training is designed for everyone who wants to embody the principles and tools of the Tamalpa Life/Art Process® for their personal development. It is also the first step in our Professional Training Program.
In the Level 1 training you will:
· Work with intermodal art media – movement/dance, drawing, vocalizing, spoken and written narrative
· Explore the science, art and psychology of the sensing and moving body
· Develop body/mind awareness and conscious expression through the exploration of the physical, emotional and mental realms of experience
· Explore your personal “body mythology” using activities to uncover the personal stories and archetypal themes associated with each body part
· Prepare and present a self-portrait performance inspired by the creation and exploration of a life-sized self-portrait drawing
· Cultivate collaboration, collective creativity, skillful communication and the value of differences and diversity within a supportive setting
Tamalpa’s Professional Training Program continues with Level 2: Embodied Leadership, focusing on advanced personal practice and the development of facilitation skills for professional applications of the Life/Art Process®.
Level 3: Fieldwork Supervision is the final step in training. In Level 3 students are supervised by faculty experts in their field of interest as they take the Tamalpa work out of the classroom and into the world, creating transformation in communities they are most passionate about.
Registration as a Somatic Movement Therapist/Educator through ISMETA
Registration as an Expressive Arts Therapist or Expressive Arts Consultant/Educator through IEATA
European Graduate School
This 3-month full-time training begins in September and meets 4 - 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, 10:00am - 5:30pm. See the full schedule here. Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
The 8-month weekend training begins with a 5-day intensive in October and continues with monthly 3-day weekends (Fri-Sun) November - May, with one 4-day intensive (Thurs- Sun) in February. The training closes with a 4-day intensive (Thurs- Sun) in June. Most training days are 10:00AM to 5:30PM. An online component is included to keep students connected to the work between the monthly weekend seminars. See the full schedule here. Application Deadline: August 14, 2019.
For more information go to tamalpa.org, email email@example.com, or give us a call at (415) 457-8555. We look forward to hearing from you!