Hakomi Professional Training Level 2
In Hakomi Professional Training Level 2, you'll expand your skills in Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy in three important ways: by developing your "selfhood," refining your therapeutic strategy, and by working your personal edges as a therapist through in-depth supervised practice.
Hakomi Institute of California
September 8, 2023 - March 17, 2024, Online - Live
Hours: 7 weekends: Friday 1:30-4:30pm, Saturday 10:00am-4:30pm,
(All times are Pacific)
Faculty: Dominique Lando, LMFT, Lead Trainer, along with other Hakomi
Institute of California faculty
Cost: $3,595 if registered by 7/23/23; $3,995 thereafter. Final registration
CEs: 73.5 CEs (10.5 per weekend) available for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs,
LCSWs (approved by CAMFT) (NBCC CEs are not available for this program)
Prerequisite: Hakomi Professional Training Level 1 (or Hakomi Comprehensive Training Level 1 and permission of the instructor)
In Level 2, you'll also refine your therapeutic strategy by learning to choose the tools and interventions that are most appropriate for your clients. Through brief lectures, demos, and in-depth supervised practice, you'll learn to use Hakomi's principles and practices to support clients much more confidently, fluidly and effectively. One participant said, "By the end of the second year of Hakomi training, I couldn't believe how my skills and self-awareness had grown, and how much deeper I was able to take my clients. I also felt like a more humble, peaceful and compassionate human being."
All teaching is experiential and includes time for practice and feedback. Trainers and teaching assistants provide direct and immediate guidance and feedback during supervised practice with an emphasis on specific clinical applications and skills development.
What You Will Learn In this training, you will:
- Become mindful of how your core issues impact your clinical effectiveness
- Learn how to make deeper contact with your clients through trusting your inner knowing
- Use our simple diagnostic map, the Hakomi Sensitivity Cycle, to tailor your interventions with greater precision
- Develop therapeutic strategies that allow you to access core material more quickly
- Review and deepen your skill in working with child states to bring about lasting transformation
- Have time to discuss how to apply Hakomi to clients in your current caseload
- Because we tailor our trainings to participants' in-the-moment needs and development, the curriculum above is subject to change.
Who Is This For?
This training is open to mental health clinicians as well as psychotherapy interns and students.
Hakomi Professional Training Level 1 (or Hakomi Comprehensive Training
Level 1 and permission of the instructor)
Early Enrollment: $3,595 for registrations received by July 23, 2023 Regular Tuition: $3,995 for registrations received by August 25, 2023
A $400 non-refundable deposit is due to hold your space in the training.
The final tuition balance is due by August 31, 2023 unless a payment plan has been arranged with Embodywise prior to the training start date.
Phone 415-839-6788, email email@example.com or