The NARM™ Training Institute offers online and in-person clinical training for mental health professionals who work with Complex Trauma (CPTSD). The NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM™) addresses early trauma - attachment, relational and developmental trauma - by working with unconscious patterns of disconnection that deeply affect our identity, emotions, physiology, behavior and relationships. Integrating a body-centered and psychodynamic approach, within a context of interpersonal neurobiology, and grounded in mindfulness and a non-western orientation to the self, NARM™ offers a comprehensive theoretical and clinical model for the resolution of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs).
THE NARM™ Practitioner Training is an advanced clinical training for working with the legacy of complex trauma, including cultural and intergenerational trauma. Enrollment is open to psychotherapists, counselors, social workers & other mental health professionals who work with trauma. The training consists of four, 4.5-day modules over a one-year period.
In the NARM™ Practitioner Training you will learn:
• The different skills needed to work with developmental and shock trauma; the pitfalls of working with trauma without recognizing the complex developmental themes running in the background.
• How to address the complex interplay between nervous system dysregulation and identity distortions, such as toxic shame and guilt, low self-esteem, chronic self-judgment, and other psychobiological symptoms.
• How to work moment-by-moment with early adaptive survival styles that, while once life-saving, distort clients’ current life experience.
• When to work ‘bottom-up’, when to work ‘top-down’, and how to work with both simultaneously to meet the special challenges of developmental trauma.
• How to support clients with a mindful and progressive process of disidentification from identity distortions.
• A new, coherent theory for working with affect and emotions, which aims to support their psychobiological completion.
“Attending the NARM training was one of the best personal and professional decisions I have ever made. In my opinion NARM provides the missing piece for the trauma practitioner’s toolbox, enabling us to skillfully support people in navigating the complexities of developmental trauma by marrying the cognitive and the somatic and thereby acknowledging each client as a whole, fully empowered adult. I find myself enjoying my work in private practice more than ever as I witness my clients come alive while they deconstruct lifelong patterns which recede into the past as they experience a new level of presence and agency in the here and now.”
~ Suzie Gruber, MA, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Sebastopol, CA
The NARM™ Training Institute also offers the NARM™ Inner Circle, an online membership program. This is an exciting online opportunity to learn how to work more effectively with attachment, relational and developmental trauma - and to support resiliency, intimacy and post-traumatic growth.
We share core principles and skills of the NeuroAffective Relational Model and learning opportunities in a rich variety of formats, all archived in a private member area. This allows you to proceed at your own pace and review material whenever you want in order to facilitate understanding. We look forward to you connecting with us in this innovative program that allows our members to move forward together!
For more information on NARM™ Practitioner Trainings, Upcoming Events and Workshops, please visit: www.narmtraining.com
NARM™ Practitioner Training North American Faculty:
Dr. Laurence Heller
NARM Creator, NARM Senior Faculty
Brad Kammer, LMFT, LPCC
NARM Faculty Trainer, NARM Training Director
Stefanie Klein, LCSW
NARM Faculty Trainer, NARM Training Assistant Director
find a therapist
Meet members in practice who are able to help you and others on your journey of self care and your work for health and well being.
stay up to date
visit our site regulary. wE report the latest research findings from members, map members for networking and therapy services, host live webinar demos and presentations from industry leaders and more.
get notified of new research, our events and industry announcements