The Alice Ladas Research Award is awarded at every conference to the best contribution in somatic psychology research. Submissions are adjudicated through a blind, peer-reviewed process by our awards sub-committee.
Two awards are distributed; one at the clinical membership level ($500) and one student award ($100).
The criteria for submissions are found here:
– Authors must agree to have their submission included in the International Body Psychotherapy Journal. Clinical authors must be members of USABP or EABP and student authors must be currently enrolled in a degree program that emphasizes or includes the study of somatic psychology. One submission per entry; submissions that are entered in two categories in the same year will be omitted.
– Maximum 7,500 words
– Must be a quantitative or qualitative study.
– Written for journal submission; APA format, and no grammatical or spelling errors
– Submissions must be a finished study. Please do not submit a proposal for funding.
– Call for submissions will be announced about six months before each conference. Please do not submit before the announcement, to ensure that your article will be included in the adjudication.