1. Good Health: To establish the integration of the body, mind, and spirit as essential to health and well being.
2. Public Awareness: To increase public awareness of somatic psychology, body psychotherapy and body/mind practices.
3. Body of Knowledge: To develop and systematically evaluate the body of knowledge that guides the theory and practice of somatic psychology, body psychotherapy, and body/mind modalities.
4. Standards: To develop and promote standards for the application and use of somatic psychology, body psychotherapy and body/mind practices in the public sector.
5. Access for all persons: To promote access to quality somatic psychology, body psychotherapy, and body/mind practices for all persons.
6. The greater health care and education communities: To be an influential, equal, and collaborative member of the health care and education communities.
7. A source on issues and information: To be a source on issues and information related to the field of somatic psychology, body psychotherapy, and body/mind practices.
8. Professional and personal development of members: To enhance the professional development and personal growth of members.
9. Organizational excellence: To endeavor for organizational excellence.
10. Professional community: To encourage, develop, and provide a professional community that is based on enlightened, collaborative, and collegial relationships.
11. Greater community: To contribute to the creation of a world in which caring and appreciation of diversity are essential values.